Part 1 Vocabulary Selection
1. The Kyoto Protocol has been designed to ____ the global environmental problems. A. dress B. address C. stress D. distress
2. Part of the investment is to be used to ____ that old temple to its original splendor. A. rest B. recover C. replace D. restore
3. The list of things we need to think about which will be ______ by climate change is endless.
A. affiliated B. affected C. affirmed D. effected
4. Now a single cell phone is able to store a large ____ of information about an individual life.
A. deal B. number C.amount D. account
5. We will not be held responsible for any damage which results ____rough handling. A. from B. off C. in D. to
6. Our products are displayed in Stand B22, ____ you will find me during office hours. A. when B. which C. that D. where
7. We cannot see any possibility of business _____ your price is on the high side of the prevailing market trend.
A. which B. since C. that D. though
8. Over a very large number of trials, the probability of an event _____ is equal to the probability that it will not occur.
A. occurring B. occurred C. occurs D. occur
9. “They’re the best team I’ve seen thus far,” says ____ men’s basketball coach Larry Brown.
A. American’s B. US C. the USA D. United State of America
10. Many Americans do not understand why there is so much international criticism of the US policy on ____ change.
A. atmosphere B. sky C. weather D. climate
11. In order to obtain the needed information, you should write simply, clearly, and concisely ____ the reader wants to know.
A. what B. that C. so that D. which
12. Regarding insurance, the ____ is for 110% of the invoice value of the goods that a manufacturer wants to export.
A. amount B. cover C. insurance D. premium
13. Since the shipment consists of seasonable goods. it is important that it is ____ as soon as possible.
A. deleted B. demanded C. delivered D. detached
14. The long service of decades of the to-be-retired with the company was ____ a present each from the President.
A. confirmed by B. recorded in C. acknowledged wit D. appreciated for
15. Home to magnates and gangsters, refugees and artists, the city was, in its ____ a metropolis that exhibited all the hues of the human character. A. prime B. primary C. privacy D. probation
16. Buildings in the southeast of the UK are going to have to be constructed ____ those in Scotland if the report findings are correct. A. as B. like C. likely D. are like
17. The state of Michigan now requires sports fans to make an annual ____ of $125 to $500 a seat to keep their end zone perches at Michigan Stadium. A. tributary B. attribution C. contribution D. distribution
18. The possibilities for ____ energy sources, including solar power, wind power, geothermal power, water power and even nuclear energy promise greatly to the earthlings. A.altitude B.alternate C.alternating D. alternative
19. Americans who consider themselves ____ in the traditional sense do not usually hesitate to heap criticism in domestic matters over what they believe is oppressive or wasteful. A. pedestrian B. penchant C. patriotic D. patriarch
20. The countries that are being blamed for the extra greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are the rich and developed countries. On a different ____, the developing countries feel they will suffer the most of it. A. nod B. note C. norm D. notion
Part 2 Vocabulary Replacement
21. He remained calm In the face of the impending danger.
A. terrific B. trivial C. astonishing D. imminent
22. “Holmes!” I whispered. “What on earth are you doing in this disgusting place?”
A. humble B. unpleasant C. underprivileged D. noisy
23. The futility of the program resulted from poor planning. A. possible failure in the future
B. ineffectiveness and uselessness C. blindness to its mistakes D. potential disaster
24. Construction of the gigantic office building in this city was for years intermittent
A. stopping and starting at intervals B. something that will happen soon
C. being watched with keen interest D. anything that comes and goes
25. Although many modifications have been made in it, the game known in the United States as football can be traced directly to the English game of rugby.
A. rules B. changes C. demands D. leagues
26. Your silence implies countenancing his abject behavior; therefore please clarify your stand to him.
A. supporting B. obscuring C. concealing D. assisting
27. The graduate committee must be in full accord in their approval of a dissertation.
A. indecisive B. sullen C. vocal D. unanimous
28. We regret being unable to entertain your request for providing free boarding to 15 sportsmen for two weeks.
A. receive B. comply C. coincide D. consider
29. Justices of the peace have jurisdiction over the trials of some civil suits and of criminal cases involving minor offenses.
A. superiority B. authority C. guidance D. consider
30. One of the things we have to do to prevent a pandemic is to make sure people understand and know what they can do to minimize the commotion.
A. command B. collusion C. turmoil D. tutelage
31. One of the effective ways to lessen environmental pollution is the reservation and protection of more swamps.
A. vast thick corals B. pockets of wet land C. warm volcanoes D.millions of bees and wasps
32. The word “wrath” in The Grapes of Wrath by the Nobel prize winner John Steinbeck probably means:
A. great anger B. large crowds C. hard labor D. sudden storms
33. The artist spent years on his monumental painting, which covered the whole roof of the church, the biggest in the country.
A. archaic B. sentimental C. outstanding D. entire
34. The ancient Jewish people regarded themselves as the salt of the earth, the chosen few by God to rule the world.
A. outcast B. elite C. nomad D. disciple
35. Many of the electric and electronic products we purchase and consume today are what some industrial experts call “homogenous toys”.
A. identical B. homosexual C.unrelated D. distinguishable
Part 1 共20题，每题0.5分，满分为10分
1. B 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. A 6. D 7. B 8. A 9. B 10. D 11. A 12. D
13. C 14. C 15. A 16. B 17. C 18. D 19. C 20. B
Part 2 共15题，每题0.5分，满分为7.5分
21. D 22. B 23. B 24. A 25. B 26. A 27. D
28. D 29. B 30. C 31. B 32. A 33. C 34. B 35 .A